On Friday December 7th 2013, Sparks Martial Arts held its annual End of year Banquet and Awards. This year was filled with many great accomplishments. As seen in the video above, Team Sparks had a rocking 2013! The night started off with some raffles and beautiful catered dinner. Next we had our superlative awards. Here is a list of those lucky individuals:
- “Most likely to be a UFC Fighter”: Rachel Presson
- “Most likely to say Don’t tell Sensei” Joanna Alley and Kelly McCann
- “Giant Ban Aid award”: Davis Fleming
- “Most likely to be a Sparks Runway model’: Jonathan Ricketts
- “2nd Degree Lobby Black Belt Promotion”: Tonya Abernathy
- “2013 Lobby Black Belt” Rick Neblett
These were fun awards to give out and some huge laughs had by all! Thank you to the winners for being great sports. Next we moved into some student recognition with kids winning awards and patches like Outstanding Teamwork or Outstanding Attitude. Then we moved into the big awards for the evening.
A Special Congratulations to the following award winners:
- Outstanding Leadership: Anna Abernathy
- Outstanding Leadership: Seth Watson
- Gallantry Award: Davis Fleming
- Most Improved Youth and Teen: Alexandra Cregg
- Most Improved Adult: Rusty Burroughs
- Kid Student of the Year: Trygg Aase-Farnum
- Adult Student of the Year: Eric Gotleb
- Fighter of the Year: Berry Presson
The night concluded with the top three prize raffels: Sparks Martial Arts winter jacket, VIP parking for 1 year and finally a 50inch TV!
Congratulations to everyone who was recognized this year. Now let’s hit the mat and work on 2014!